In the quest for more sustainable choices, the debate between recycled and bamboo toilet paper has gained prominence. While both options share eco-friendly intentions, bamboo toilet paper stands out as a formidable contender.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of bamboo toilet paper, exploring how its sustainable attributes, softness, and quality make it a compelling choice for environmentally-conscious consumers seeking comfort without compromising on their commitment to a greener planet. (and if you scroll down to the bottom you can order a free trial from bumboo.eco )
The choice between recycled paper and bamboo toilet tissue
Choosing between recycled toilet paper and bamboo toilet paper depends on several factors, including the environmental impact, production process, and personal preferences. While the evidence favours bamboo toilet paper, it’s important to note that both options have their own merits.
Why bamboo is better than recycled toilet paper
Bamboo toilet paper is often considered a more environmentally friendly choice due to the following reasons:
- Sustainability: Bamboo is a rapidly renewable resource that grows much faster than traditional hardwood trees used for pulp in recycled toilet paper. It can be harvested in just a few years, making it a more sustainable option.
- Reduced Land and Water Usage: Bamboo requires significantly less land and water to grow compared to trees used for recycled paper production. This helps minimize deforestation and water consumption.
- Chemical Use: Bamboo can often be grown without the heavy use of pesticides and fertilizers, which is sometimes required for tree-based pulp production. This contributes to a lower overall environmental impact.
- Carbon Footprint: Bamboo has the potential to sequester more carbon dioxide than trees due to its rapid growth, contributing to carbon mitigation efforts.
- Biodegradability: Bamboo toilet paper is generally biodegradable and breaks down more easily in sewage systems, reducing strain on wastewater treatment facilities.
- Softness and Quality: Bamboo toilet paper is often praised for its softness and quality, providing a comfortable experience while also being environmentally conscious.
While recycled toilet paper does offer benefits such as diverting waste from landfills and reducing the demand for virgin fibre, it still requires energy-intensive processing and may contain chemicals used during recycling.
So bamboo toilet paper presents a compelling case for being more environmentally friendly due to its sustainable growth, reduced resource requirements, and potential carbon sequestration benefits. However, it’s always a good idea to research the specific brand and its production practices to ensure that the bamboo toilet paper you’re considering truly aligns with these eco-friendly attributes.
That’s why we’re big fans of Bumboo.9
bumboo.eco makes tree-free household paper products made from 100% Bamboo, helping customers make more eco-friendly choices when purchasing everyday products such as Toilet Roll, Kitchen Roll and Facial Tissues
Our vision is to see a world where forests are abundant and protected, that’s why for every product ordered we plant a tree. So far we have planet over 130,000 trees and we aim to plant 500,000 by the end of 2023
All of their products are:
- Tree-free made from 100% bamboo
- 100% plastic free – they send our products in fully recyclable, biodegradable and compostable packaging, printed using soy-based inks
- FSC® certified (100%)
- Free from de-inking agents, formaldehyde and BPA associated with the paper recycling process
- Free from pesticides and fertilisers, scents and dyes
Did you know they do a free trial? Click to Switch to Bumboo today with their FREE trial pack, just pay for delivery.
Is bamboo toilet paper softer than traditional paper?
Yes, bamboo toilet paper is naturally soft and strong, providing a comfortable and gentle experience.
Is it safe for septic systems?
Most bamboo toilet papers are septic-safe, breaking down easily and reducing the risk of clogs.
Is bamboo toilet paper hypoallergenic?
Yes, bamboo toilet paper is generally hypoallergenic and suitable for sensitive skin due to its natural and chemical-free properties.
How is bamboo toilet paper packaged?
Brands often prioritize eco-friendly packaging, using materials like recycled paper or biodegradable plastics to minimize environmental impact.
Switch2Bamboo.com is supported by our users. Some of the product links on this website are through affiliate schemes such as Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that I earn a small commission if you choose to purchase something at no extra cost to yourself.