If you’re looking to refresh the flooring in your home, you’ve probably considered installing either bamboo flooring or laminate flooring.
As you probably know, both options are durable, functional, and stylish. Your decision will likely come down to personal preference, budget and whether you’re looking to achieve a specific look.
In this article, we will briefly compare the pros and cons of both flooring options and help you decide which is best for your home.
Which is better? In the end, it’s really up to you. Both bamboo and laminate flooring are durable, stylish, and affordable.
Bamboo flooring has become so popular that there is often a dramatic price difference between the real thing and faux, or fake, bamboo flooring.
Bamboo flooring has a distinct advantage in that it can be used in wet areas such as kitchens and bathrooms.
The stranded grass like nature of its construction means it doesn’t absorb water and therefore doesn’t warp or swell in the same way as traditional wood flooring or laminate flooring.
10 reasons bamboo flooring is better than a laminate floor
- 1. Bamboo flooring is much more durable and long lasting than laminate flooring.
- 2. Bamboo flooring is a more eco-friendly choice due to its renewable resource nature.
- 3. Bamboo flooring is more resistant to moisture and humidity than laminate flooring. 4. Bamboo flooring is easier to clean and maintain than laminate flooring.
- 5. Bamboo flooring is available in a wide variety of colors, styles, and textures.
- 6. Bamboo flooring is harder and more scratch-resistant than laminate flooring.
- 7. Bamboo flooring is more affordable than other types of hardwood flooring.
- 8. Bamboo flooring adds value to homes and increases resale value.
- 9. Bamboo flooring is hypoallergenic and repels dust and allergens.
- 10. Bamboo flooring is a great way to add a modern, stylish look to any room.
Laminate flooring is a composite material made with resin-based glue. It is manufactured using sharp blades and is then bonded to a plywood base to create the finished product.
Many people love the ease of maintenance associated with laminate flooring; however, there are a few things to keep in mind.
The way laminate flooring is manufactured can cause imperfections. This can be very apparent near and around the edges. These flaws can stain or wear down the finish of your laminate flooring, which can also lead to scratches.
Laminate flooring comes in a massive variety of colours, styles and shades which means there will be a definite match for the look you might be after, however it may also look less realistic (because it’s not!)
Laminate flooring is also a less green environmental choice due to the manufacturing process which involves a lot of chemicals, glues and dyes.
10 reasons laminate flooring is better than a bamboo floor
- 1. Laminate flooring is much more affordable than bamboo flooring.
- 2. Laminate flooring is much easier to install than bamboo flooring.
- 3. Laminate flooring is more durable and scratch-resistant than bamboo flooring.
- 4. Laminate flooring is easier to clean and maintain than bamboo flooring.
- 5. Laminate flooring is waterproof and has better moisture resistance than bamboo flooring.
- 6. Laminate flooring is available in a wider variety of colors, styles, and textures.
- 7. Laminate flooring is a great choice for high traffic areas since it is more durable than bamboo flooring.
- 8. Laminate flooring is more resistant to fading and staining than bamboo flooring.
- 9. Laminate flooring is more fire-resistant than bamboo flooring.
- 10. Laminate flooring is easier to repair than bamboo flooring.
Which is better?
Both options have their own benefits. Laminate flooring is easier to install and features a long-lasting, nice-looking surface.
On the other hand, bamboo flooring is manufactured from a type of grass that is sustainable, low-maintenance and durable.
That being said, the decision to install bamboo or laminate flooring is ultimately up to you. If you’re looking for healthy flooring options that look great and lasts for years, bamboo flooring is a great choice.
Switch2Bamboo.com is supported by our users. Some of the product links on this website are through affiliate schemes such as Amazon. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that I earn a small commission if you choose to purchase something at no extra cost to yourself.