Hi, I’m Chez and I’ve been obsessed with bamboo products since I bought my first bamboo hiking t-shirt almost 15 years ago!
I started to make an effort to reduce my impact on the world by slowly replacing items in my home with more sustainable options as and when they naturally wore out or broke.
Over time I realised that many of my new items were made of bamboo.
Bamboo is an incredibly fast-growing grass with some species growing over 4cm per hour and can be made into many products from warm, soft clothing, to hardwearing and robust flooring. Bamboo is an incredible plant.
The benefits of bamboo
- Sustainable and fast-growing
- Organic and bioderable
- Produces 35% more oxygen as compared with other plants
- Requires no fertiliser or pesticides
- Regenerates from its own roots
- Uses less water than most crops including cotton
- Absorbs more CO2 per hectare than trees
Being aware of your impact on the world doesn’t have to mean massive changes. Just swapping out plastic straws for bamboo, replacing polyester pillows with bamboo, or even replacing plastic, vinyl flooring with warm, hard-wearing bamboo can make world of difference.
Let’s make a change, shop responsibly and make a difference.